Kirstyn’s first real dressmaking attempt.
This is dress A from the Built By Wendy Built By You Simplicity 3964 dress pattern.
I used some cotton I found in my mum’s stash which she has had for years. The one I used for the body is a smaller ditzy print and the fabric I used for the collar, sleeves and trip had a bigger floral.
I’m pretty pleased with the results. I added on the trim as I wanted it to be a bit longer but actually quite like the effect. The pattern was fiddly for a beginner in places (the binding was so narrow and really tricky to get right), but I’d definitely make it again.
I didn’t bother making the waist tie it suggests you make, but usually wear it with a belt.